Dom Ferraro has a broad commercial litigation and tort law practice. He is regularly briefed to advise upon and appear for clients in proceedings in both the State and Federal Courts of Australia. Prior to being called to the bar, Dom gained valuable experience in a top-tier Australian law firm and also as a crown prosecutor for the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions. He has been involved in the following matters notable for their recency, size, complexity or importance.
- Acting for a large Queensland taxi business seeking damages against Volkswagen Group Australia for misleading and deceptive conduct in relation to the worldwide Volkswagen emissions scandal (2016) (led by M D Martin QC)
- Acting for the purchaser of a resort in North Queensland seeking urgent injunctive relief against the vendor (2016) (led by M D Martin QC)
- Acting for the developer of software seeking damages against a company based in the United States of America for various breaches of a licence agreement (2016)
- Acting for the special purpose liquidator seeking relief under the Corporations Act 2001 in respect of voidable transactions totaling approximately $20 million (2015) (led by T Sullivan QC and C A Wilkins)
- Acting on behalf of a shareholder of a successful home building company seeking shareholder remedies on the grounds of oppression (2013 to 2014) (led by R P S Jackson QC)
- Acting for a private equity firm seeking various declaratory relief in respect of its rights under an investment agreement, damages for breach of contract and injunctive relief for misleading or deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law (2013 to 2014).
- Building & Construction
- Corporate Insolvency & Bankruptcy
- Intellectual Property
- Land Law & Property
- Media & Defamation
- Personal Injury
- Trade Practices & Competition
- Admitted as a legal practitioner – 17 December 2007
- Called to the bar – 27 February 2012
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Griffith)
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Griffith)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (QUT)
- Bar Council – Bar Association of Queensland (2014 – 2015)
- Australian Young Lawyers’ Committee – Law Council of Australia (2014 – 2015)
- Solicitor – Clayton Utz Lawyers (2007 – 2009)
- Associate to His Honour Judge T D Martin SC – District Court of Queensland (2010)
- Crown Prosecutor – Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions (2011)
- Barrister (2012 – present)
A Case For Compliance’ (2012), 32(8)Proctor 24-25.
- Pioneer Australia Pty Ltd & Anor v Quinn  QSC 72 (led by M D Martin QC);
- Michael Vincent Baker Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd v Aurizon Operations Limited & Anor  QSC 26 (led by P W Hackett of counsel);
- Michael Vincent Baker Superannuation Fund Pty Ltd v Aurizon Operations Limited & Anor (No. 2 )  QSC 63 (led by P W Hackett of counsel);
- Kettleton v Murray  QDC 064;
- Blackwatch Projects Pty Ltd & Ors v D J Cowling & B L Roberts (a firm) & Anor  QSC 291 (led by M D Martin QC);
- MSD Securities Pty Ltd & Ors v MFB Properties (NQ) Pty Ltd & Ors  QSC 261;
- Bank of Queensland Ltd & Anor v Ross Auto Auctions Pty Ltd (in liq) (receivers & managers appointed) & Anor  QSC 019.