Dom Ferraro has a broad commercial litigation and tort law practice. He is regularly briefed to advise upon and appear for clients in proceedings in both the State and Federal Courts of Australia. Prior to being called to the bar, Dom gained valuable experience in a top-tier Australian law firm and also as a crown prosecutor for the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions. He has been involved in the following matters notable for their recency, size, complexity or importance.
- Acting for a large Queensland taxi business seeking damages against Volkswagen Group Australia for misleading and deceptive conduct in relation to the worldwide Volkswagen emissions scandal (2016) (led by M D Martin QC)
- Acting for the purchaser of a resort in North Queensland seeking urgent injunctive relief against the vendor (2016) (led by M D Martin QC)
- Acting for the developer of software seeking damages against a company based in the United States of America for various breaches of a licence agreement (2016)
- Acting for the special purpose liquidator seeking relief under the Corporations Act 2001 in respect of voidable transactions totaling approximately $20 million (2015) (led by T Sullivan QC and C A Wilkins)
- Acting on behalf of a shareholder of a successful home building company seeking shareholder remedies on the grounds of oppression (2013 to 2014) (led by R P S Jackson QC)
- Acting for a private equity firm seeking various declaratory relief in respect of its rights under an investment agreement, damages for breach of contract and injunctive relief for misleading or deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law (2013 to 2014).