Since being called to the bar in 2019, Samantha has acted as Counsel Assisting in the Paradise Dam Commission of Inquiry and is regularly briefed in commercial, insolvency, administrative and taxation matters, appearing in the Supreme Court, Magistrates Court and the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT).
Before joining the bar, Samantha was a Principal Lawyer for Queensland Crown Law’s commercial litigation team, acting for the State and various government instrumentalities in complex disputes.
Samantha holds a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours from the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). She also holds a Master of Laws from QUT, where she studied advanced commercial contracts.
- Corporate Insolvency & Bankruptcy
- Inquiries and Coronial Inquests
- Intellectual Property
- Judicial Review & Administrative Law
- Land Law & Property
- Trade Practices & Competition
- Admission as a solicitor: 11 July 2011
- Admission as a barrister: 4 November 2019
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons 1) (QUT)
- Master of Laws (QUT)
- Bachelor of Arts (Distinction) (QUT)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (QUT)
- Braun v Rushbrook & Anor  QSC 268;  37 QLR
- Braun v Rushbrook & Anor (No. 2)  QSC 270